WA ROTC and Simultaneous Membership programs
ROTC programs are located in WA at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, Gonzaga, Pacific Lutheran University, Seattle University, University of Washington and Washington State University. Many of the local colleges around these also allow you to attend their ROTC programs. Don't hesitate, make the move today, go ROTC!
1. Central Washington University
2. Eastern Washington University – Spokane Falls Community College students attend EWU ROTC.
3. Gonzaga University – Whitworth University attends GU ROTC.
4. Pacific Lutheran University – CWU Tacoma-Pierce College, Pierce Community College-Steilacoom Campus, St. Martin's Univ – Lacey, Tacoma Community College-University Place, Univ. of Puget Sound-Tacoma, UW Tacoma Campus all attend PLU ROTC.
5. Seattle University
6. University of Washington – Northwest University, Seattle Pacific University, and DeVry attend UW ROTC.
7. Washington State University
8. Washington State University Vancouver Campus - Attends University of Portland ROTC program for Free!
Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) allows selected enlisted members of the Army National Guard to simultaneously participate in any Army ROTC program. Being an SMP allows you to earn your drill pay, which is paid at the rate of Sergeant (E-5, or your current rank if higher), understudy with a unit officer and perform officer duties, contract as cadet, and earn the ROTC (tax-free) stipend of $350 for your sophomore year, $450 for your junior year, and $500 for your senior year. You may also be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill benefits (if your prior service), which are $333 per month (tax free!) and a GI Bill Kicker at $350 per month (also tax free!). At the maximum you could potentially earn $1370.00 a month!